THE number of active COVID-19 cases in the northern beaches continues to fall, with 31 less cases compared to a week ago.
There are 117 active cases, data to 8pm on Monday shows, which is a well down on the 148 cases the previous Monday.
The highest number continues to be in the 2099 postcode at 39, with an additional 21 cases in the 2100 postcode.
Active cases by postcode
- 0 in 2108 (Palm Beach, Coasters Retreat, Currawong Beach, Great Mackerel Beach)
- 2 in 2107 (Avalon, Bilgola, Clareville, Whale Beach)
- 1 in 2106 (Newport)
- 0 in 2105 (Church Point, Scotland Island and Elvina, Lovett and Morning bays)
- 0 in 2104 (Bayview)
- 4 in 2103 (Mona Vale)
- 3 in 2102 (Warriewood)
- 1 in 2101 (Narrabeen, Elanora Heights, Ingleside)
- 21 in 2100 (Brookvale, Beacon Hill, Allambie, North Manly, Oxford Falls)
- 39 in 2099 (Dee Why, Cromer, Narraweena, North Curl Curl)
- 4 in 2097 (Collaroy, Wheeler Heights)
- 6 in 2096 (Curl Curl, Freshwater, Queenscliff)
- 13 in 2095 (Manly)
- 3 in 2094 (Fairlight)
- 6 in 2093 (Balgowlah, Clontarf, Manly Vale)
- 5 in 2092 (Seaforth)
- 5 in 2087 (Forestville, Killarney Heights)
- 1 in 2086 (Frenchs Forest)
- 3 in 2085 (Belrose, Davidson)
- 0 in 2084 (Terrey Hills, Cottage Point, Duffys Forest)
Across NSW, there were 360 new COVID-19 cases and five deaths to 8pm on Monday.
90.4 per cent of the population aged over 16 years has now received a first dose of the vaccine while 74 per cent are double-dosed.
There are 766 people being treated in hospitals for COVID-19, with 155 of them in ICU.
There were 88,988 tests conducted yesterday.
The case numbers today are the first time the state has seen a drop below 400 cases a day since August 13.
On Monday, the state began the process of re-opening, with its first stage of eased restrictions.
On Tuesday, NSW Premier Dominic Perrottet and Treasurer Matt Kean announced a package to support business.
Mr Perrottet said the announcement was "all about confidence".
"Last year, as we came through the pandemic, business confidence was key - was crucial - to driving economic growth, to ensuring that businesses continued to employ and bring people on," he said.
Eligible businesses with an annual turnover between $75,000 and $50 million will be able to apply for a grant of up to $20,000 to compensate for loss of perishable stock, or claim $10,000 for reduced capacity to sell non-perishable items if they are impacted by a lockdown.
"As we head into the summer months and Christmas trade ... businesses can go out and invest in their businesses, buy stock to get going and we know there has been concern in relation to lockdown," the premier said.
He insisted any future lockdown would be "a last resort, not a first resort" .
- with Australian Associated Press
Have something to say? Send a letter to the editor at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content: