JUST two extra COVID-19 cases have been detected in the northern beaches during the past 24 hours.
In the date to 8pm on Thursday, some postcodes in the Beaches recorded an increase, while others saw more people recover from the virus.
Among those to go up in the past 24 hours were: the 2099 postcode increased by five to 46; 2100 went up by one case to 24; while 2087 went up by two to four.
The decreases were in: 2101 which dropped from eight to five active cases; and there was decrease of one each in 2106, 2105, 2102, 2094 and 2092.
Active cases by postcode
- 0 in 2108 (Palm Beach, Coasters Retreat, Currawong Beach, Great Mackerel Beach)
- 2 in 2107 (Avalon, Bilgola, Clareville, Whale Beach)
- 2 in 2106 (Newport)
- 1 in 2105 (Church Point, Scotland Island and Elvina, Lovett and Morning bays)
- 0 in 2104 (Bayview)
- 7 in 2103 (Mona Vale)
- 3 in 2102 (Warriewood)
- 5 in 2101 (Narrabeen, Elanora Heights, Ingleside)
- 24 in 2100 (Brookvale, Beacon Hill, Allambie, North Manly, Oxford Falls)
- 46 in 2099 (Dee Why, Cromer, Narraweena, North Curl Curl)
- 2 in 2097 (Collaroy, Wheeler Heights)
- 3 in 2096 (Curl Curl, Freshwater, Queenscliff)
- 16 in 2095 (Manly)
- 3 in 2094 (Fairlight)
- 7 in 2093 (Balgowlah, Clontarf, Manly Vale)
- 7 in 2092 (Seaforth)
- 4 in 2087 (Forestville, Killarney Heights)
- 3 in 2086 (Frenchs Forest)
- 3 in 2085 (Belrose, Davidson)
- 0 in 2084 (Terrey Hills, Cottage Point, Duffys Forest)
In NSW, there were 646 new locally acquired cases of COVID-19 in the 24 hours to 8pm on Thursday.
There were eleven deaths including two women and nine men.
Two were in their 50s, one in their 60s, four in their 70s, and four in their 80s.
Five were from south-western Sydney, three were from western Sydney, one was from south-eastern Sydney, one was from Sydney's inner city, and one was from Sydney's lower north shore.
Seven people were not vaccinated, three had received one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, and one had received two doses.
A man in his 80s was a resident at Allity Beechwood Aged Care Facility, where he acquired his infection. It is the fourth death linked to an outbreak at this facility.
There have been 414 COVID-19 related deaths in NSW since this outbreak began and 470 in total since the start of the pandemic.
Of the 646 locally acquired cases reported to 8pm last night, 188 were from the regions (excluding Greater Sydney locations including the Illawarra).
The cases were reported in:
- 136 from South Western Sydney Local Health District (LHD),
- 119 from Western Sydney LHD,
- 97 from Hunter New England LHD,
- 52 from Sydney LHD,
- 48 from Illawarra Shoalhaven LHD,
- 42 from South Eastern Sydney LHD,
- 35 from Nepean Blue Mountains LHD,
- 31 from Central Coast LHD,
- 24 from Southern NSW LHD,
- 20 from Northern Sydney LHD,
- 16 from Western NSW LHD,
- 10 from Northern NSW LHD,
- five from Far West LHD,
- four from Mid North Coast LHD,
- one from Murrumbidgee LHD,
- and six are yet to be assigned to an LHD.
There are currently 856 COVID-19 cases admitted to hospital, with 170 people in intensive care, 75 of whom require ventilation.
There have been sewage detection of the virus in Wee Waa in northern NSW, in the Hunter New England region, and Quirindi and Brewarrina in western NSW.
NSW Health administered 23,101 COVID-19 vaccines in the 24 hours to 8pm last night.
The total number of vaccines administered in NSW is now 10,707,149, with 3,708,962 doses administered by NSW Health to 8pm last night and 6,998,187 administered by the GP network and other providers to 11.59pm on Wednesday October 6, 2021.
To 11.59pm on Wednesday October 6 across NSW, 89.4 per cent of the over-16 population had received a first dose COVID-19 vaccine, and 70.3 per cent were fully vaccinated.
Two new cases were acquired overseas in the same period, bringing the total number of cases in NSW since the beginning of the pandemic to 67,480.
There have been 61,808 locally acquired cases reported since June 16, when the first case in this outbreak was reported.
There were 103,388 COVID-19 tests reported to 8pm last night, compared with the previous day's total of 112,186.
Have something to say? Send a letter to the editor at: email@example.com
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content: