THE northern beaches has hit a record high for Covid-19 cases during the Delta outbreak with 123 active cases in the the local government area.
Among the postcodes to have had an increase in cases to 8pm on Thursday, are: 2099 (up two to 30), 2101 (up two to to 18) and 2095 (up two to eight).
Other active cases by postcode area:
- 0 in 2108 (Palm Beach, Coasters Retreat, Currawong Beach, Great Mackerel Beach)
- 10 in 2107 (Avalon, Bilgola, Clareville, Whale Beach)
- 3 in 2106 (Newport)
- 0 in 2105 (Church Point, Scotland Island and Elvina, Lovett and Morning bays)
- 2 in 2104 (Bayview)
- 4 in 2103 (Mona Vale)
- 5 in 2102 (Warriewood)
- 18 in 2101 (Narrabeen, Elanora Heights, Ingleside)
- 9 in 2100 (Brookvale, Beacon Hill, Allambie, North Manly, Oxford Falls)
- 30 in 2099 (Dee Why, Cromer, Narraweena, North Curl Curl)
- 4 in 2097 (Collaroy, Wheeler Heights)
- 5 in 2096 (Curl Curl, Freshwater, Queenscliff)
- 8 in 2095 (Manly)
- 1 in 2094 (Fairlight)
- 13 in 2093 (Balgowlah, Clontarf, Manly Vale)
- 2 in 2092 (Seaforth)
- 5 in 2087 (Forestville, Killarney Heights)
- 3 in 2086 (Frenchs Forest)
- 1 in 2085 (Belrose, Davidson)
- 0 in 2084 (Terrey Hills, Cottage Point, Duffys Forest)
THERE were 1043 new locally-acquired cases of Covid-19 across NSW in the past 24-hour reporting period and 11 further deaths.
There have been 277 Covid-19 related deaths in the state since mid-June and 333 in total since the pandemic began.
There are 1186 Covid-19 cases admitted to hospital, with 232 people in intensive care, 110 on ventilators, which is a slight decrease on yesterday's numbers.
NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian called for "caution" as the state's vaccination program continues.
"I am always wary of using terms like freedom day because when we start to open up it must be step-by-step, it must be done cautiously," Gladys Berejiklian said.
"While we are all looking forward, almost a gallop to the finish line in terms of the double dose, we need to make sure that what we do at 70 and 80 per cent is done cautiously and also moderately."
The breakdown of the 1043 locally acquired cases is:
- 256 are from South Western Sydney
- 211 are from Western Sydney
- 107 are from Sydney
- 123 are from South Eastern
- 103 are from Illawarra Shoalhaven
- 58 are from Nepean Blue Mountains
- 45 are from Northern Sydney
- 38 are from Hunter New England
- 34 are from Central Coast
- 32 are from Western NSW
- 11 are from Far West
- four are from Murrumbidgee
- three are from southern NSW
- one is from Mid North Coast
- four are in correctional settings
- and 13 cases are yet to be assigned.
The sewage surveillance program has detected fragments of the virus that causes Covid-19 in Lightning Ridge, Jindabyne, Crookwell and South Lismore.
Have something to say? Send a letter to the editor at: email@example.com
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content: